Integrating Showpopr in Your Site
There are two ways to integrate Showpopr into your site:
- Pop Widget with Submit Capability is the best way to allow your site's visitors to pop news and videos right on your site.
- Custom Submission allows you to create your own Showpopr button or text link that allows your users to submit content to Showpopr, or access it if it has already been submitted.
Pop Widget with Submit Capability
This is the best way to integrate Showpopr into your site. It checks to see if a URL has been submitted. If so, it shows the number of pops. If not, it allows your site's visitors to submit your pages directly to Showpopr.
Example: Simple usage when you want a Web page to be popped
Simply insert the following code snippet where you want the "pop widget" to appear:
Example: When the URL you want to submit differs from the current page's URL
If your site's URLs are used to transport session data or analytics tokens that you don't want submitted to Showpopr, you can set the URL.
Replace WEBSITE_URL with your URL, as it would type it into the browser address bar. You don't need to worry about formatting or URL encoding it, as we will take care of that for you.
Example: Change the design of the button
There are two types of button: normal and compact. The "normal" version is the same graphic that appears on the Showpopr site. It uses a white background. The compact version is useful for putting inline with similar widgets from other social bookmarking sites, such as Digg, Reddit, and StumbleUpon. Its default color is white, but can be changed to match your page.
This code will generate a compact widget with a transparent background:
Note that the "popr_bgcolor" option takes the same arguments as the CSS "background-color" property. You can use "#FFF", "#fff", "#ffffff", or simply "white" (although white is the default color).
Example: Prefilling the Showpopr submission form
- "title" becomes "popr_title"
- "description" becomes "popr_description"
- "media" becomes "popr_media"
Custom Submit Button
In order to submit a bookmark to Showpopr, you simply need to submit it to the following URL:
Submit URL Details:
- The URL is required. Otherwise it will open a blank submission page.
- Maximum length is 200 characters.
- URL should be unique and stripped of any session or user-specific data
- URL should be URL-encoded, for example:
- The title is optional.
- Maximum length is 60 characters.
- Title should be URL encoded and free of HTML markup.
- The description is optional.
- Maximum length is 500 characters.
- The description should be URL encoded and free of HTML markup.
- The default is "news".
- Other choices are "audio", "video", and "image".
&description=Hard+to+live+without+it+in+the+21st+century&media=news"> <img src="http://showpopr.com/images/badges/badge_small.png" width="16" height="16" alt="Showpopr" /> </a>
Custom Submit Button that Opens a Popup Window
title="Submit this story to Showpopr" style="vertical-align:middle;margin-right:8px" />Showpopr</a>